QES Exteriors Bring You The Future Of House Painting With PROPERLA
The days of traditional masonry wall paints are finished. Gone are the days of flaking and peeling paint; it’s a common problem many of us face that’s not only an expensive hassle to continually repaint, but can cause lasting damage to your house. It’s time to stop painting your home, and move on to the latest paint technology on the market – PROPERLA.
CREME - House Painting Has Evolved
A wall paintedd with ProPERLA Masonry Crème will insulate mineral building materials by reducing water absorption. The product chemically bonds to the surface, penetrating up to 17mm to create an invisible insulation barrier.
Preparation Step 1 –
Preparation Step 2 –
Repair Step 2 –
Repair Step 2 –
Application Step 1 –
Application Step 2 –
What is PROPERLA Masonry Creme ?
- One-coat protection
- Penetrates up to 17mm into the substrate to provide an invisible insulation barrier
- Chemically bonds to mineral surfaces
- Dries clear, it does not alter the appearance of the substrate
- Super hydrophobic
- Creates a self-cleaning surface
- Highly breathable
- Manufactured in Germany using the very latest, superior technology
- It has undergone UKAS Accredited testing
- Verified by the Energy Saving Trust
- Helps prevent salt efflorescence and sulphate attack
- Helps prevent discoloration
- Discourages growth of moss, algae and lichens
- Prevents frost damage
ProPERLA Masonry Crème creates an invisible insulation barrier for single skin buildings and those built with a cavity. It has been proven to help retain heat in walls and reduce heat loss. UKAS accredited tests have demonstrated that by reducing water absorption of the walls, ProPERLA Masonry Crème lead to thermal performance benefits. It has been proven to meet ETAG 004;2011.
ProPERLA Masonry Crème improves thermal efficiency and contributes to lower energy consumption and lower energy bills, by keeping walls dry. Damp walls act as ‘thermal bridges’ – enabling heat to transfer from the inside out twice as quickly as it would if the walls remained dry.
Independent testing has shown that ProPERLA Masonry Crème reduces water absorption by 96.3% and meets the British standard for water vapour resistance BS EN ISO 7783:2011
A surface is considered super hydrophobic if a water droplet beads up (with a contact angle greater than 140⁰ and the droplets can slide aware from the surface readily (it has a small contact angle hysteresis). Super hydrophobic surfaces repel water, causing it to form beads because it is more attracted to itself than the surface. This means water will run off the surface making it extremely difficult to wet.
This is known as the ‘lotus effect’ due to its similarity to the lotus leaf but is also seen on duck feathers and butterfly wings.
Substrates coated with ProPERLA Masonry Crème will respond in the same way – water will form droplets and won’t penetrate the substrate. Independent testing has shown that it reduces water absorption by 96.3% and meets the British standard for water vapour resistance BS EN ISO 7783:2011.
Prevent & Protect
By diminishing water absorption, ProPERLA Masonry Crème has been proven to reduce soluble salts migrating from bricks and mortar thereby preventing unsightly deposits of salt efflorescence. Whilst salt efflorescence is generally considered an aesthetic problem , it does have the potential to cause structural damage, such as the erosion of mortar joints, known as sulphate attack.
ProPERLA Masonry Crème does not alter the appearance of the building, it helps to maintain and protect the natural beauty of the masonry;
- It mimics the lotus leaf by creating a super hydrophobic, self cleaning surface. Dirt particles are unable to obtain a hold on ProPERLA treated surfaces and will simply flow off with rainfall.
- The growth of moss, algae and lichens is deterred.
- Slows the ageing or breakdown of the surface of the building by helping to protect it from the damaging effects of the weather including wind driven rain, frost, high air humidity and sea salt penetrated air.
- Performance is unaffected by UV rays
ProPERLA Masonry Crème has undergone independent tests by UKAS certified body Lucideon and has been proven to meet the following standards;
- ETAG 034:2012 – 25 year hygrothermal performance
- ETAG 004;2011 – external thermal insulation composite
- BS EN ISO 7783 – 2011 – water vapour diffusion
- BS EN ISO 12572 – water vapour resistance
Our Customer Reviews Speak For Themselves
Head over to our trust a trader page to see verified reviews from our many happy customers across south Wales.
Request a Quotation
Free estimates available - Site survey and diagnosis fee applies (refunded upon acceptance of our quotation)